Emergency medical services
The help you need. At the time you need it.
Count on us for critical care.
Our emergency medical professionals are ready when you need us most. Whether it’s routine or lifesaving care, we’re here for you 24/7/365.
We offer a full spectrum of non-emergency and emergency services to meet the needs of the communities and customers we serve:
Need help now? We provide 24-hour ambulance and paramedic service to communities across northeast, central and south-central Pennsylvania, including:
- Rapid 911 response – We respond to 911 emergency calls 24/7 — even on holidays and weekends.
- Critical care transportation – People who are injured or ill get safe medical transport in advanced life support ambulances outfitted with lifesaving equipment and medications.
- Basic life support – Our emergency medical technicians (EMTs) are right there when you need medical transportation from home to doctors’ appointments or between facilities. All our basic life support ambulances carry oxygen and medical devices essential to care.
- Advanced life support – Skilled paramedics focus on those needing medical attention during transport to Geisinger or other hospitals in the area.
- Basic life support — Our emergency medical technicians (EMTs) are right there when you need medical transportation from home to doctors’ appointments or between facilities. All our basic life support ambulances carry oxygen and medical devices essential to care.
- Advanced life support — Skilled paramedics focus medical attention on patients during transport to Geisinger or other hospitals in the area.
- Ambulance transport services — Need non-emergency medical transportation? We’ll help you get to doctors’ appointments, hospitals, nursing homes, home health and hospice agencies and other care facilities.
- Wheelchair van service — If you use a wheelchair, you can trust our paratransit services to take you safely where you need to go in central Pennsylvania.
For more information or to schedule service, call 800-367-0512, ext. 3.
To make sure safe, reliable care is there when you need it, we keep all our emergency vehicles in top condition. Our certified mechanics repair and maintain our own fleet of nearly 80 standard and emergency vehicles. But we also do it for other EMS providers in the region, as well as privately owned vehicles — because your health is important to us. Our facility is a licensed PA State Safety & Emissions Inspection Station.
To schedule services or for more information, contact Geisinger EMS Fleet Maintenance at 717-761-7633.
We’re committed to the communities we serve. We offer outreach and education services, including:
- CPR/AED information and first aid courses
- Emergency planning assistance
- Medical education on alcohol/drugs, stroke, heart attack, sexual assault and other topics
- Boy Scout and Girl Scout activities
- Presentations to groups and organizations
For more information, contact us at 717-763-2108 or GEMS@geisinger.edu.
Having an event? We’ll provide on-site ambulance, equipment and trained staff at picnics, concerts, sporting events and more. From a single ambulance to a fully staffed medical tent, we can meet your needs. Contact Scott Schminky at 717-972-4720 for more information.